Instruction to authors
Submission of papers
A printed version of the paper is also requested and should be mailed to:
Mme Françoise Siclet
6, quai Watier
78401 CHATOU CEDEX
Manuscripts will be reviewed for acceptance by the journal editorial committee. Should corrections be requested, a revised electronic version of the manuscript as well as a new printed version are to be submitted before a given deadline.
PDF proofs will be e-mailed for correction to the first-named author of the manuscript. They must be retumed to the publisher within one week. It must be remembered that at this stage, only typographic details may be corrected.
Presentation of manuscripts
Manuscripts are typed using a recent version of word-processor. The type of format used ( .doc; .xls; .pdf; etc ), especially for maps and photographs, must be specified in the accompanying e-mail. Mac and PC files are accepted.
- All pages of the manuscript are numbered.
- Page 1 is dated and gives the title in French and English, together with the names, affiliations and full postal addresses of the authors.
- An abstract in French and in English of around 200 words is required.
- Five key words at most are to be given in French and in English so as to facilitate indexing of the article.
References in the text are given by author's name, followed by the year of publication. In the case of articles written by more that two authors, only the first author's name is given, followed by the mention "et al.". A series of references quoted in the text must be presented in chronological order.
The list of bibliographical references is to be given at the end of the text, with authors names in alphabetical order. For any given author, references are to be listed in chronological order. In the case of co-authors, articles are listed in ascending order of number of authors, and for each such group, in chronological order.
Titles of quoted periodicals must be abbreviated in accordance with internationally accepted usage.
References must be presented in accordance with the following models:
- Journal publication
Capblancq J. & Tourenq J.N., 1978. Hydrochimie de la rivière Lot. Annls. Limnol., 14(1) : 25-37.
Golterman H.L., Clymo R.S. & Ohnstand M.A.M., 1978. Methods for physical analysis of fresh waters. Blackwell Scientific Publications. Oxford : 213 pp.
- Chapter in a book
Williams D.D.,1981. Migrations and distributions of stream benthos. In Perspectives in running water ecology. M.A. Lock and D.D. Williams ed. : 155-207.
All entries in the reference list must correspond to references quoted in the text, and vice versa.
All illustrations (Maps, Figures, Tables, Photographs) must be cited in the text. The whole legend of Tables, Figures, Photographs and Maps must be given in French and in English, on a separate sheet, following the reference list.
- Tables, numbered in Roman numerals, according to their order of appearance in the text, are provided electronically as part of the manuscript file or in separate files if necessary (Excel ...).
- Figures, numbered in Arabic numerals, according to their order of appearance in the text are provided preferably electronically. Exceptionally, illustrations on white paper can be accepted provided they are of good readability.
- Good-quality photographs or maps, in black-and-white or colour, numbered like the figures, must be provided electronically, in separate files. For printing reasons, colour figures and photographs may be grouped in the body of the article on colour plates.
Please note the importance of the good readability of the text (names, legends, numbers, symbols) inside the original illustrations, as the size may undergo reduction to be printable : letters size on the original must be large enough to remain readable after reduction to a width of one column (6 cm ) for simple illustration, or two columns(12.5 cm) for denser illustrations.